**Amazon Devices Will Soon Share Your Internet with Others! Here’s how to opt out!
- Amazon Sidewalk, the company’s crowdsourced mesh network program, will be switched on across the United States starting June 8th. It allows your devices to connect to your neighbor’s Wi-Fi, and to allow your neighbor’s devices to connect to yours – all without exchanging passwords. However, if you own an Amazon device and don’t want to be part of it, you have until June 8th to opt out.
- Many consumers are concerned about the security and privacy issues with sharing the WiFi networks.
- If you own devices in the Alexa series, the Echo line, the Ring family, and other smart home equipment, your devices will automatically enroll in the program unless you go to your settings menu to withdraw.
>Here’s how to opt out before it goes live June 8th:
- Go to the Alexa app on your device.
- Open More and hit Settings
- Select Account Settings
- Select Amazon Sidewalk
- Turn Amazon Sidewalk Off
Go here for a list of devices and to learn more about Amazon Sidewalk – https://amzn.to/3wTYiUy
Leave a Reply